Monday, February 20, 2012

Using Apps

Using Apps

As we enter into a journaling journey, there are apps out there to help us. For those of you who are thinking, this is all fine and good, but I have no time to write in a journal, cut out pictures, find clipart, or do any of those things that successful journalers do, I just have no time. There may be an app that will do the trick and allow you to do the amount of reflective journaling you want to do without having to get up 20 minutes earlier and hope no one else in the house has the same idea.

The apps that I have enjoyed using are the social apps. My favorite is Awesome Note. Awesome Note allows me to have as many folders as I want that deal with the different aspects of journaling.

I currently have about 15 folders on Awesome Note for the various types of journaling experiences I want to document on the run, quickly and easily. One is for Artist’s dates. When I go on a date to pamper my muse and restore my creative energy, I take pictures on my phone and add a few words of wisdom. I have a folder for Quips and Quotes, when I hear a quote or see a quote that resonates with me, I pull out my 4S and turn on SIRI and have her take down my quote.

The other apps that I use are Storie, LifeNote, MyTymz, Penzu. If you have a smart phone, look at the social apps available and find one that resonates with you and one that helps you get on the journaling journey you want to be on. It can be very simple,take a picture and a caption…and you have a record of being in the right place at the right time. Or just take a picture and write an affirmation.

You will have so much fun, you will start looking for opportunities to write down those moments that make your day. You will have a place to write those quips and quotes that resonate with you, without having to think,”OK, where did I leave my journal last time I wrote in it?”

If you have an iPad or a tablet, you may find that you have more and more to say and to write, with the bigger keyboard screen, it will make your journaling experience that much richer. Y vas a disfrutar and you are going to enjoy your journaling journey.

So go ahead and get a few of those apps and start recording with pictures and quotes, these can become fodder for your journaling journey or they can be the place where you record all of the affirmations in your life.

Con un pan y cafecito,
Seguimos adelante,
Zulmara


No por mucho madrugar, amanece mas temprano.

No matter how early you get up, dawn doesn’t come any earlier.

2 comments:

  1. I love the messages you give in your posts! It touches me and I'm sure it touches others! Journals are a great way to connect your visions to print and even better to help you process what you've experienced. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying the journaling journey. It is such a life changing experience and so nice to get in touch with who you are. I truly feel the key is to be sure that you find the right journal for your self.
    gracias, mi amiga,
    Zulmara

    ReplyDelete