Tuesday, January 10, 2012

McCormick Foundation 9

I have decided to apply for the McCormick Foundation New Media Women Entrepreneurs Grant for Entrepreneurs. The Application is AWESOME because it encourages you to focus and have clarity in your life about what it is that you want to accomplish and how you are going to move your business forward. For me, the questions are spot on and the character limits, mean I have to think very carefully about what I want to write and be succinct. If you are looking for funds for a particular project, even if you do not think you are a good match for Fredrickson Grant, then fill out the application fields. This will help you gain clarity about what you want to accomplish, how you want to accomplish it, and why you are the best person for the job. The application is due on January 27, 2011. I am planning on posting my responses to the 10 questions, one a day for the next ten days. I will welcome any feedback or ideas you’d like to offer. If you want to join me on this journey, please feel share your journey. I am very excited about this. Soon, I will be looking for Latina artists, graphic designers, web-developers, and ebook developers to help me get LAUNCHED...may the journey begin.


Con un pan y cafecito, seguimos adelante,
Zulmara
9) Here is how I will get the word out about my project: (1500 characters)

First of all, I have been using my extensive network on Facebook to start connecting with other Latinas and to start building a network of support. I am already building an infrastructure for success as I work to build networks and connect with others in the same business. I have already strated working my blog to see what I can do to drive traffic to my page and to engage others. I have schooled myself in how to be an online marketer and have studied with the best, Joe Vitale on how to make things happen.

Next, I will tap into the networks of my partners and collaborators. This is a very important part of my marketing strategy; I will be working with Latinas entrepreneurs who want to see me succeed as much as I want to see them succeed. This is a win/win project where we will all be promoting each other. I am planning on my partners and collaborators to be promoting my works and projects as much as I am promoting theirs.

Next, I will offer to contribute articles to ezines that deal specifically with Latinas and Latina success in education, business, and professional endeavors. My goal at the beginning is not to focus so much on earning a lot of money, but to lay a deep foundation for success, sort of like a bamboo plant, knowing that if I lay the roots and nurture them, they will grow and prosper.

And lastly, I have schooled myself in the best and most effective ways to get people to my site and to get people interested. I will use those strategies of giving away ebooks with my contact information, providing services for free, as well as services for a fee. Allowing people to opt into an enewsletter, but also allowing them to download items off of my site that do not require them to leave information, knowing that when they are ready, they will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment