Sunday, January 8, 2012

McCormick Foundation 7


I have decided to apply for the McCormick Foundation New Media Women Entrepreneurs Grant for Entrepreneurs. The Application is AWESOME because it encourages you to focus and have clarity in your life about what it is that you want to accomplish and how you are going to move your business forward. For me, the questions are spot on and the character limits, mean I have to think very carefully about what I want to write and be succinct. If you are looking for funds for a particular project, even if you do not think you are a good match for Fredrickson Grant, then fill out the application fields. This will help you gain clarity about what you want to accomplish, how you want to accomplish it, and why you are the best person for the job. The application is due on January 27, 2011. I am planning on posting my responses to the 10 questions, one a day for the next ten days. I will welcome any feedback or ideas you’d like to offer. If you want to join me on this journey, please feel share your journey. I am very excited about this. Soon, I will be looking for Latina artists, graphic designers, web-developers, and ebook developers to help me get LAUNCHED...may the journey begin.


Con un pan y cafecito, seguimos adelante,
Zulmara
7) Here are my specific plans for continuing this project after NMWE funding runs out: (2000 characters)

This is my life and the NMWE funds are just a starting point to help me launch and get going at a great velocity. The grant funds will allow me to get my print media done, my website launched, my speaking engagements in place, and my ecourses completed. (I still have my day job to pay the bills). Once I am up and running, I plan to work this as my business and in 2 years be at $250,000 revenue mark and in 5 years be at the million dollar mark. My plans are big and I am ready to launch and achieve. I feel that the past 20 years have been coalescing to get me to the place where I am today. My plans to grow are huge. I plan on hosting seminars and weeklong workshops at Easlen, I plan on adding video to upcoming ecourses, and I plan on expanding my materials once I have launched.  

I will continue to offer my products and services and use the money generated from this first round to expand to the next level and then to the next. I will be reinvesting all of my revenue for the next 3 to 5 years to ensure that Roots and Wings reaches the million dollar mark and employs at least 10 people. Social advocacy and activism are totally integrated into my products and product lines. It is my hope to build a cadre of Latinas who are moving forward in the world and making it a kinder and gentler place with our collective positive energy as we achieve our goals, take care of our families, and nurture our uniqueness.

Once I have the funds to launch, I will continue to market in earnest with social networking groups, in person, and online. I have a good sense of offering products for free so individuals will see the quality of my work before committing their funds. I understand that I need to do a number of promotional products to get the word out and connect with others. I understand how to drive readers to a site, giving away free quality materials to pique someone’s interest, and how to grow a list of subscribers by giving them something that catches their eye. I also understand how to collaborate

In all that I do and all that I write, there is a sense of understanding social responsibility and social justice and how do we leave this world and kinder and gentler place. I am narrowly focused on the Latina market, because that is my niche and that is where I find there is a lack of products like the ones that envision and develop. I know there is a market for my products and I will work to create, develop, and nurture that market.

No comments:

Post a Comment