Thursday, January 12, 2012

McCormick Foundation 11

I have decided to apply for the McCormick Foundation New Media Women Entrepreneurs Grant for Entrepreneurs. The Application is AWESOME because it encourages you to focus and have clarity in your life about what it is that you want to accomplish and how you are going to move your business forward. For me, the questions are spot on and the character limits, mean I have to think very carefully about what I want to write and be succinct. If you are looking for funds for a particular project, even if you do not think you are a good match for Fredrickson Grant, then fill out the application fields. This will help you gain clarity about what you want to accomplish, how you want to accomplish it, and why you are the best person for the job. The application is due on January 27, 2011. I am planning on posting my responses to the 10 questions, one a day for the next ten days. I will welcome any feedback or ideas you’d like to offer. If you want to join me on this journey, please feel share your journey. I am very excited about this. Soon, I will be looking for Latina artists, graphic designers, web-developers, and ebook developers to help me get LAUNCHED...may the journey begin.


Con un pan y cafecito, seguimos adelante,
Zulmara
11) Any additional thoughts: (1500 characters)

Latinas are up and coming in the business world. We are the Entrepreneurs to watch for in the next 20 years. We start businesses from our homes to help our families and we are motivated by deep cultural roots to be the matriarchs that hold our families together. We want to have it all and then some. We don’t want to sacrifice, make choices, or deny ourselves a fulfilling career, children, a loving extended family life, or a life of abundance.

We have seen our parents work hard to provide us with opportunities and we are big on paying back and paying forward. We want success, but we want it on our terms. We want to share, give back, pay it forward, and pay it now.  We want to ensure that what we have to offer adds value to the lives of others and we want to know that we are making a difference: a difference in the world, in our communities, and in our families. We do not want to leave anyone behind.

I offer coaching—both personal and professional—to help Latinas achieve their dreams by realizing how their Latina Roots can give them the wings they need to soar. The coaching can be one-on-one, to a group, online, or with an e-course. I love what I do and I do what I love. This allows me to connect with people no matter where I am at. I give freely of my time, advice, and products. As a matter of fact, I gave away my responses to these questions and encouraged other bloggers to apply as well. I do not believe in a zero sum game, there is enough for all of us and we come from a culture of abundance.

As I honor my cultural roots, I am motivated to develop the tools needed to help mi gente soar with the eagles. I want to be able to “ride the thermals,” as Dewitt Jones says and bring along mis comadres, mis amigas, y mis companeras.

1 comment: