Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A sea turtle

Chris (No Plot-No Problem) also suggests making of list of the type of novel you do not like to read. Why write a book if you would not enjoy reading it? Right? So write your joy.

Novels I avoid:

• I am not a fan of characters who are mean and angry and have no redeeming qualities. Maybe one or two antagonists, but everyone…no, not for me.
• I like characters I can care about
• I like stories that make sense to me--the ebb and flow must seem natural
• No horror, no scary, no vampires, no werewolves, just can’t get into it.
• Not a fantasy/sci fi fan either
• Not a big fan of violence--especially toward children in crime novels, keeps me up at night worried about my children
• I like to read some adventure, but don’t read it often
• I like to read mysteries, but the genre gets predictable after a while. I find I have to keep switching authors.

Bueno, ya,

What do you avoid when choosing your reading buddies? Do write what you like to read?

Con un pan y cafecito, seguimos adelante…

Zulmara



No comments:

Post a Comment