Saturday, September 11, 2010

Artist Date-Ports of Call



Artist's Date--September 11, 2010



Went on a great artist's date today to Ports of Call in San Pedro. I have not been there since I was a very young woman, 18 to be exact. I went there with an ex-boyfriend. I was leaving the next day for the university and we were only friends and he wanted to be my boyfriend and I kept saying, "I don't want a long distance relationship." And, I remember him trying to buy me a necklace, any necklace, and I kept saying, "no, I am not ready for this, I am leaving tomorrow."…but I digress.


My artist's date was awesomeness itself. I had a great time. I walked all around went into all the shops looking for beachy scenes to enliven my writing space, and then I went to a delightful outdoor restaurant and ate fish, shrimp, and calamari…one of those mixed plates and started reading Chris Baty's book No Plot, No Problem. What a delightful read and what a wonderful book. Full of quotes, ideas, exercises, and just plan old fun to get you started on writing your novel in a month. What an inspiration and what an delicacy…to indulge in. Felt so good to tell the waitress I was a writer reading a book on writing. She was a reader and we had a great time. A college student…who earned herself an extra big tip, just for being a reader and a student, want to make sure she has enough to buy her next guilty pleasure.


What Artist Date have you been on lately? Who did you meet? What did you do? Was it inspiring?


Con un pan y cafecito, seguimos adelante…


Zulmara

1 comment: